OC Class Fall 2006

Monday, October 16, 2006

Speech Contests


In Japan, we have speech contests where students write and memorize a speech and perform it in a contest setting. Here at Shimada Koko, we have had participated in a few speech contests since I have been here. One in Shimada City, were Mayuko and Yukie delivered their speeches. Yukie won 1st place speaking about Kyudo and Mayuko won 2nd place speaking about becoming a flight attendant. In Shizuoka, Akie won 1st place in the show and tell speech about the D.A.R.E. program she experienced while living in America during her childhood.
In Fujieda, I co-judged a middle school speech contest that proved to be one difficult task. It is extremely difficult to choose the best speech among so many great speeches. Also, I had to give my own speech, which was very scary.
The last contest I attended was in Mishima where Akie gave her D.A.R.E speech once again and was competing against the other top speakers in our ken. Though she did not win, she delivered her speech without any mistakes and did a fantastic job. I was so proud of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home